Immediate Position Available
Position: Project Manager – Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Newton, New Jersey
HQW Architects, an established full-service architectural firm celebrating its 44th anniversary, seeks a Project Manager to join our expanding firm. Experience with public buildings, health care facilities, academic projects, institutional design, and multi-family/senior housing projects is desirable. We offer excellent IDP training and growth opportunities with potential for partial ownership for the right individuals who display exceptional performance.
- Create Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents
- Maintain the project manual and specifications
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with Structural, PME, Civil, etc.
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature architectural judgment in anticipating and solving architectural problems
- Team communications and mentor staff, ensure that all staff is working in an effective and productive manner
- Create and meet production schedules
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Conduct on-site observation and document site reviews
- Ability to respond to Requests For Proposals
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including contributions to medical insurance with FSA, annual bonus, sick/personal time, holiday, flexible hours, summer hours, and excellent professional development programs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture
- 2+ years of architectural design experience
- Path to licensure or RA
- Extensive knowledge of Architectural Design
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Working knowledge of building systems, codes, and ADA requirements
- Working knowledge of contract administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites
- Advanced AutoCAD skills
- Advanced Verbal and Written Skills
- The ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter experience
- Knowledge of project specifications & CSI division formatting
- Strong leadership, organizational, time management, & multitasking skills
- LEED Certification a plus
- Revit proficiency a plus
About this company
HQW Architects is dedicated to the art of architecture and the science of building. This commitment carries the responsibility of seeking possibilities and potential for all of our clients. We acknowledge that each project is an opportunity to enhance the built environment and that every client presents a unique situation that demands an equally unique response. It is our goal to exceed expectations and to continually improve as members of the architectural profession by providing our clients with a dynamic design that not only meets the given programmatic requirements, but also maximizes the owner’s return-on-investment.
Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, professional, team-focused individuals that believe in reward for quality work. Fluency in English and U.S. citizenship are required.
Our Newton office is located in Northwest New Jersey near the Delaware River and the Pocono Mountains. If you are interested in working in a country setting with convenient access to NYC and the Jersey Shore, please submit your resume and samples of your portfolio electronically via email to Chris Wolverton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your qualifications will be reviewed promptly and with complete confidentiality.
HQW Architects LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in HQW Architects LLC.